We have put together these driving tips to make
sure you are safe on your road trip. Because your checking out this
website, we will assume that you already have a drivers license and have passed
a driving test at some point in your life. However, we all know that there
are some drivers out there who are absolutely clueless. They are mad at
the world and full of road rage.
A road trip is your chance to escape all the
stress of your normal every day life and simply relax.
So to freshen up on your driving skills...here
are some easy to remember driving tips:
- Wear your seat belt
- Invest in a GPS Unit. They are cool
and it will help you keep your eyes on the road
- Drive defensively
- Don't pump your ABS Brakes (They already
pump themselves for you)
- Avoid having loose objects (like bunny
rabbits and Kleenex boxes) on your back window ledge
- Don't cross the freeway median and take
- Don't ever stop on the freeway!
- Don't change lanes in the middle of an
intersection...and by the way, slow down when you go through them.
- Stay alert at all times. Take breaks
- Pay attention at all times to the road.
- Don't assume that other drivers will do
what they are supposed to (some of them are crazy)
- Don't speed
- Don't drive drunk or impared
- Obey all traffic signs and signals
- Maintain a safe following distance in your
- Aim high in steering. What I'm
saying here is to look down the road, not directly in front of your vehicle.
- Use your blinkers...they look cool
- Beware of your blind spots and check them
before switching lanes
- Don't tailgate
- Share the road with animals, other
vehicles, bikes, pedestrians, etc.
If you got to the bottom of
this list and find yourself somewhat confused then I strongly urge that you
attend a safe driving course.
For driving tips in harsh winter conditions check out this link.